8 Things to know
Blue Dots are Offers for anyone changing the world. They have been created to motivate and thank people helping causes they believe in. Here are some other important things you should know:
1. When you help or volunteer for a cause or charity never accept Blue Dot Offers instead of payment. If it is a task you should rightly be paid for, accept nothing other than money. Only accept Blue Dots as a thank-you agreed by both parties.
2. We do not take any cut of any cash donations you make to charities and causes; so 100% of what you give is passed directly on by Blue Dot.
3. Blue Dots do not affect Gift Aid on your cash donations (in the UK), so please make sure you claim it. That way your donation is worth an extra 25% to the charity so they can do even more good.
4. Blue Dots have zero cash value. Don’t try to sell them on eBay or buy something in a shop with them: you will just get an odd look. If your Dots are burning a hole in your pocket why not donate them to your favourite cause or charity?
5. The number of Blue Dots you can earn and what you can get with them is set by experts who know how they should best work. The idea is they motivate you to give it a go and feel the benefit of doing good. Please trust us to get the ‘value’ right.
6. Our income comes from businesses using Blue Dot to help publicise their great support of charities. So if you think they’re great too, please let them know, buy their products or even consider working for them.
7. Blue Dot is a brand new idea and though we already have great support from individuals, business and industry, we need as much help as we can get; so please give us your support and help spread the word by telling your friends. We welcome all your feedback and your ideas too.
8. Our name, ‘Blue Dot’ was inspired by the American astronomer, Carl Sagan. He described our planet, as seen from the farthest reaches of space, as the “Pale Blue Dot” and wrote the most amazing words about our responsibility to cherish it and to deal more kindly with one another…